So there was only two of us for most of the week. It kinda went back to the way it was 8 weeks ago which was fun in its own way. Elder Capson had fun in Gloucester so it was win-win-win. Unfortunately it was a bit of a slow week success-wise. Now that we're full capacity we did a lot more door knocking with mixed results. We actually started keeping a tally of how many doors opened. I won't say what the final count was. Let's just say door slams are still the worst, especially when they're done by old people making them really really slow door slams. It's just way too much time after they say "I'm busy!" and start closing the door. I don't know what to do with it. Should I wait for the door to close all the way? Should I try to get them to change their mind? Should I just tell them to have a nice day and away while they're still looking out the doorway? I don't know. There's a lot questions when it comes to this. I'd rather just teach and answer the questions.
The week would've been a real stinger if not for the weekend. General Conference was good. Fell asleep for the first time while I on my mission. Didn't intend to, it just happened. We had problems with the satellite at the church though. Namely, it didn't work at all. We had to watch it at the branch president's house and for priesthood they used someone's phone to get the internet feed and projected that. So it was spotty and unreliable. But right before priesthood though we had dinner with one of our part-member couples cause they had some "news" for us. We had been talking to her (the member) about how to get him more committed to baptism that week cause he would just say "I don't know" every time it came up, so we had an idea of what it was. Regardless it was cool and they told us he was ready for the 16th of October. He's been ready since August but sometimes it just takes time. But time isn't something missionaries really have so we get kinda impatient about that kind of stuff. But yeah, a baptism! Isn't that great? Yes, it is.
12 weeks, huh? I should stop talking about it.
We did have some crazy rain this week. Tuesday was nuts and almost more scary than the hurricane (more lightning). But ever since October came it's been freakishly cold. Fall is here I think. Or at least close.
We've also been teaching this scripture study class for the Relief Society on Tuesday mornings (well now Thursday mornings). It's based on the Religion 115 class. It's kinda fun cause I feel like a school teacher and all official-like.
Bah, I don't know what else. I'm sure I'll tell stories when I get home and you'll all just be like "why didn't you tell us about that" and I won't know what to say in response. So you'll get the details one day.
Talk to you next week!
-Elder Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment