Another week has come and gone. Isn't that great? Don't answer that.
Let's see, what did we do this week. No crazy home improvement projects. No weather problems. No nothing. Well, we did help orchestrate a baptismal interview for our current baptismal date, with his baptismal service in his baptismal clothes coming up next baptismal Sunday. He passed with flying colors. Or at least waving colors. I'm not sure. Didn't ask. But that's pretty much the highlight of what's going on right now. Our other investigators are still coming along albeit slowly. Nothing we can do but just keep teaching, right? Right. We're still encountering the almost forgotten disappointment of rejection but it's getting a little easier. Nothing like some good stubborns to wake you up in the morning, right? Right. Why do I keep asking for re-assurance?
We did teach Relief Society this week, this time during actual Relief Society. They wanted us to teach about the new Book of Mormon Ensign that came out so we did. We centered it around the Benson talk that was in there, explaining why we need to read it (in greater detail than just "cause you should"). The stake president decided to sit in on it too which was an unexpected surprised. Nothing like experienced, high-ranking eyes looking right at ya. We got some good compliments so I think we did well. Who knows though, right? What is wrong with me...
We also had zone meeting where we set goals for how many baptisms we'll have this month. I could've typed that sentence in all sorts of past e-mails and it would've been true! But yeah they had us split into districts to figure out what we could contribute and it ended up being a baptism from every ward or branch which wasn't really the point of the goal setting cause baptizing monthly from every ward or branch is a long-standing goal this mission has had for months. But that's beside the point. Our district should get at least half of our goal of 2 so, you know, we're doing our part.
Well that's all the note-worthy stuff I've got for you. Despite my sarcasm I'm really doing just fine. Trunkiness is approaching but not at the rate that you'd expect. I have a birthday card for Andrea but I had to wait to write it til today. Hope it was a good birthday.
Talk to you next week!
-Elder Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment