17 October 2011

ping pong

This was a good week. Well, not really good numbers wise but "goodness" wise it was a success. Not sure how you measure that though.

Yesterday was indeed the baptism I was talking about. It was the investigator that was married to the member while I was here and is 19. The whole family (which is a lot of family) came for it including some non-members. His father-in-law did the baptism and the branch president did the confirmation while me and Elder Jones did the talks on baptism and the holy ghost. I would send pictures but I've got the Compaq today :(

Really though it was pretty cool. Lots of tears. Lots of happiness. We went to a luncheon thing afterwards and ate lots of tacos that are now finishing their revenge on my system. And if not for that our week would've looked pretty sad. We had a lot of people cancel on us. Like, a lot. So the lessons were few and far between. BUT our mental stamina remained firm and we just blew it off cause hey, we had a baptism. We also played some ping pong cause we have a ping pong table now in the little shed next to our house so it's like perfect for exercise and post-planning nighttime activities. That's good, right? But that week was good and happy.

We had interviews on Friday too. My last one before the final one (that's a dumb sentence). It went well. Not sure what I can say about it. Sounds like I could easily be here next transfer too which would be nuts. That means the last 2 weeks could be in another area too which would be fun (?) I think. President Perry is still a good guy even if he's stressed about a few things here and there. They sent out this stress test for the whole mission to take a few months ago that measured how stressed you were on a scale of green-yellow-orange-red. Me and Elder Jones got green, Capson got red, and President got red too. And quite a few other missionaries were in the orange-red zone. In fact all but 10 of the missionaries in this half of the mission (100 or so) got greens. Weird, right? Don't know why I said that. Bragging I guess?

Talk to you next week!

-Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment