So now it looks like I might die here, unless they plan on a 2 week vacation in some other area in a trio. I wouldn't mind that too much. Would be cool to spend Christmas here but I can't be too picky at this point. Whatever. All I know is 6 more weeks of laughter and work with the same people I've been working with for over 8 months. No complaints.
The week was good though. We had some good appointments with people we didn't think would actually keep appointments. Don't know how committed they are but gosh darn it they kept one commitment at least. That was cool. We also did some service involving getting on a roof and cleaning someone's gutters. Well, I did the gutters and they trimmed bushes. I figured it was fair cause I'm the smallest and it's one of those "bigger they are harder they fall" logics. It was cool. We also had district meeting again on Friday and I did end up with more material. Also did the institute class on Thursday with the talk on Sunday which made for an interesting chain of public speaking I had to do. We also planned on teaching youth sunday school with a cool game but that got cancelled. I was looking forward to that one the most...
District meeting was good though. I had everyone talk about gifts from god like the atonement and the holy ghost and the priesthood and agency and our talents. Not sure how impactful it was but hey I tried. We also did the talk thing like I mentioned earlier. I talked about remembering cause I kept seeing it pop up everywhere. I felt dumb though cause I did a talk on remembering and I had forgotten to bring the key to the library and to shave that morning. Stupid. People responded to our talks though. Feels good to get sincere compliments.
We didn't get all the appointments we wanted but we got enough to be a decent week. It got very cold very fast though. Broke out the winter coats. I like winter though so I'm excited. Leaves are changing too.
We also hear a lot about Mitt Romney, in case you were ever wondering, which if the people in our branch are any indication that would be a yes. They always ask if people ask us about him. Now we're getting people telling us "we love what you do and love your presidential candidate but we're not interested" instead of just the last 3 words. Listen to that, "our candidate", like we represent him or he represents the church or something. In a way I guess he does but not like officially. Whatever. Sounds like he might actually get it, unless people here are exaggerating. Which is possible.
Oh, and I did split my toe open at the gym we went to today. It was like a gymnastics gym that a member owns and they just have tons of cherry balls and big foam obstacles so we set them up and played dodgeball. At some point in my running around and sliding behind cover I slit my toe on something. I didn't really realize it but I knew it felt weird. I just thought I bent my toenail back. Then I looked and beheld a good sizeable slash into the top of my left right-next-to-the-pinky toe. It wasn't bleeding a lot which was surprising. It might be because I just have a lot of skin there or it just clotted up real nice. I don't know. I put a band-aid on it and wrapped it in tape and was good to go. Doesn't really hurt either. Couldn't run on it so I had to stop playing but it was kinda cool. In a weird way.
So yeah, that's what's up.
-Elder Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment