Our New Year's was very boring. We went on exchanges with Petersburg and I actually went to Petersburg this time, but I stayed the night there with Elder Watkins who's been out for like 2 months. We had to go in at 6 cause of all the drunkards and stuff so we played Monopoly until we went to bed at 10:30 and then slept right through the night. I honestly forgot that it was new year's eve and that you're supposed to stay up on new year's eve but either way I would've went to bed. Sleep is precious. We rode bikes that day too. Petersburg was cool though. Apparently it's in the Guinness Book of World Records for most churches per capita in the U.S. which is nuts. The next morning though the Petersburg ward had their new years day breakfast so I got to help out with that. The members were confused by my presence but whatever.
![]() |
| Our little four-man district |
Transfer calls are next Sunday and I've got no predictions. Chances are one of us will go but which one I don't know. Anything could happen really. Compelling information, I know.
Don't know what else to say. The snow from last week is all melted so we can finally get in our driveway now. Oh, and we also got a cool new phone from one of the members here. It's an htc touch screen phone that flips open to a keyboard so it's probably the coolest phone in the mission, if not the coolest phone in any mission. Normally missionaries get new phones periodically from Sprint but because we have to use Verizon the phone guy here decided it was cheaper to replace our broken phone with the nice free one than to order a replacement from Verizon. So we've got a cool phone. It won't help us much with missionary work but...you know...it's an electronic.
Well I think I'm out of time. I know this was a lame e-mail but I'll do better next time.
-Elder Parker

No comments:
Post a Comment