18 January 2011

mean brick

We had a better week this week, which really helped out. The investigator that's the brother of a member is making good progress and should reach his baptismal date. That'll be exciting. We've had a lot of baptismal dates that haven't quite gone the distance but this one should be good. Actually, one of those that didn't was Charles, the baseball one as you guys like to refer to him. We just taught him like an hour ago and he really wants to get back on track. He said he just got lazy and put off his reading and stuff but now he wants the happiness that he had before. So yeah, it went pretty well. We didn't re-set him for baptism but that should be on the agenda next time. Look at me, sounding like a businessman. Agenda. Ha! Really though this week was good. We could have 2 baptisms this transfer if all goes as it should, but of course I've said similar things before. We'll do our best though.

We found a new investigator that actually kept his return appointment. He's interesting guy who really likes to yell when he talks but we think that's just what he does. He was excited to come to church Sunday but he never did. He did offer up the Lord's Prayer as the closing prayer in our lesson, which was an interesting first for me to experience. We'll see what happens there I guess. Oh, and he has a really bad habit of having the TV and the radio on real loud when we're over, and just yelling over it instead of turning it off.

On Sunday the branch choir insisted on doing our Christmas program anyway even though the Sunday it was planned for was canceled for snow. So we were singing Silent Night in January which was weird but the chorister and everything had worked real hard on it so we obliged anyway. We were only at like 2 of the practices but they still let us sing.

We are having interviews this week and some exchanges with other missionaries so there will be some mixing it up. Yep yep.

I feel like I had a lot of things to say today but now I can't think of anything. Oh, that snow storm I mentioned earlier turned out to be nothing. We got some rain and it froze overnight but really it was pathetic. I just wanted to build a snowman cause I still haven't done that and the winter's nearing its end. It's been getting into the 40s and 50s lately so I don't know.

Man, that's it.

So long!

-Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment