31 January 2011

bargains!

We just saved a ton of money today by shopping at Dollar General instead of Great Valu for cereal and stuff. We're very excited about it. For instance we paid 2.50 for cereal instead of 4.15, and we paid .65 for a box of mac and cheese instead of 1.25. No more MSF problems!

Anyways we had a pretty good week. Elder Christensen was gone for another 4 days at a leadership meeting while me and Elder Haley stayed in Wakefield. Basically they all got free food, enlightenment, and chiropractic adjustments (literally) while we trudged around in the cold cold rain for 4 days. I'm not bitter. Just pointing it out. Really though it was fine. It was weird being with Elder Haley exactly a year after we were in the MTC together. We shared stories and laughs, but mostly stories. He's still very soft-spoken but he's definitely gotten better at stuff. On Tuesday and Wednesday we walked a ton cause it's the end of the month and we don't have a lot of miles and it just so happened that it was cold and rainy those days. Like, not cold enough to make the rain turn to snow, but cold enough to freeze your face off. I think it may have made me a little sick but I'm not sure if it'll get worse or just go away. It'll probably go away. But yeah the exchange was weird, if for nothing else but the odd "how much have YOU learned in a year" dynamic going on. That was kind of annoying.

This week though we were able to prepare two of our investigators to be baptized this Saturday and next Saturday. The one this Saturday will be the brother of our 1st counselor and the one next Sunday will be Charles, and barring anything crazy they should both happen. It's great cause we're having 2 baptisms and they're two weeks in a row, but we both know that aside from them we don't really have any investigators, so we'll have to get cracking on that. Still though it's 2 baptisms. And they're both super ready. The brother just doesn't want to do anything else but be a member and Charles has been waiting for this for like 2 months.

I'm not sure what else to say. I always do this but I really don't know this time. Oh, something sorta funny happened. I was talking to a lady about prophets and was telling her we had a modern day prophet just like Moses or Noah, but instead of saying it like an educated person I said Noses and Moah. Haha. That's funny, right? Man I need to write stuff down during the week. This is getting rough.

Talk to you next week!

-Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment