24 January 2011

that is false, false, false

I was trying to think of something noble to say about my year mark but the only thing I have is that it came and went and now I have a pink name instead of a yellow one on the transfer board. It was kinda cool though cause I got to go on exchanges in Chesterfield on Thursday, which made for some odd year mark reunion stuff going on. We didn't actually spend a lot of time proselyting on that day though cause we went to some other district meetings in the zone and then had to be back in Wakefield at 5 which means we left at 4. We did see a couple people that I knew from my days but they weren't there so go figure. And then we went to see someone that was there. I don't know if you guys remember like the last few weeks before I left there we had a golden referral that was supposed to be baptized but then I left right before. Well we went back to see her and now she's been baptized since then and lives in a new much nicer house and her kids are baptized and she's had to recover from a near-death scooter riding incident (the driver of the scooter was killed). It was pretty cool cause we were the ones that started teaching her and now she's so much different and happier and everything in between. Hooray. Other than that though the time was short in Chesterfield with Elder Jones, who's from Temecula and went to Palomar. Maybe another day I'll go back.

We also had interviews which went pretty well. Our mission president is very smart. Me and Elder Christensen both got the impression from him though that one of us will be gone next transfer, even though we were pretty sure that was the case anyway. But yeah it was good. We also stayed in Petersburg, where the interviews were, for a District Meeting and and exchange and a baptism the next day. So it was a crazy weekend but we're back to normal until tonight when Elder Christensen leaves for another one of those 4 day leadership conferences. This time Elder Haley will come down, the very same Elder Haley that was my MTC companion. Apparently he's been in Hampton, VA the entire time since I last saw him, which was way back in May, and he did it all with the same companion. Crazy. But he'll be here until Friday night which means I'll be driving and that sort of stuff. Makes me very grateful for my GPS. Very. I mean I know the main towns in the area but the back road stuff is just a mess.

Let's see, what else. We had a good turnout on Sunday. Lots of people there that we weren't expecting, less active-wise. We hope that plays into next week too but who knows. Charles was there which was great cause he now has another baptismal date which he promised us he would make. It's for February 12th but we might move it up to the 5th meaning we could have a double feature baptism on that day with the other guy we're teaching. Charles is very solid now, especially after he recognized how easy it was to slack off with everything and that it caused his happiness to drop. He should be good now. It should be a good couple of weeks.

A cool thing happened Tuesday when a member of the church that just moved into the area walked past us eating at the mexican restaurant that we eat at for free and wanted to come to church. They've been here for about a month and didn't know where the church was so we'll hopefully get her and her daughter and her husband to come. It'll be cool.

An embarrassing thing happened Wednesday when a member of the church called us while I was sitting in McDonalds while Elder Christensen was in the bathroom and she was in the drive thru and I decided to ignore the call cause it was noisy inside but she saw me do it and gave me a hard time. It was not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment