I have been terrible about taking pictures. I think it's because I'm driving now and I don't really think about it when we're in the apartment (cottage) so that adds up to no pictures. Don't get mad. I'll have to make a more concerted effort in this. Tons of concerting.
Heard about bin Laden this morning. Mission complete I guess? I dunno. I think my mission has softened me to this kind of news. Maybe it's because no one's really talking about it out here. Maybe it's the country air. Or the crabs. Gotta be the crabs.
Oh, subject line explanation: so every p-day we play our branch president and his son in foosball and every p-day it comes right down to the wire (best of 3 games) and every p-day our branch president who is very competitive just goes nuts over it. This morning we beat them making two weeks in a row as champs. It's the little things, you know?
The week was pretty stinky numbers-wise. We did have interviews with President Perry on Tuesday and it went great as always. He is the best. He said he's very pleased with all the stuff we've done in the area cause I guess he kept hearing all sorts of things before-hand about the difficulties the sisters had. So that made us feel good. The area is still a difficult one (we find out the branch has had like 15 convert baptisms in the last 27 years) but we really really want to change that. President basically told me I was sticking around next transfer too so I'll have time to accomplish that goal. Elder Gaunt will probably die here too (finish his mission) which he's excited about. But yeah interviews were good and I got a lot of questions answered (Dec. 28th, etc.).
Otherwise we had more missed appointments that we were sure were going to hold. The miracle couple I told you about a while ago has finally re-surfaced. They're having a hard time and we're hoping that they're willing to listen to us to try and change it. We'll see though. They still want to learn and everything but they're just trying to stay afloat. Our other investigators are just waffling right now and it kinda stinks. This area moves very slowly. We need to do something to pick it up but it's hard with all the distance and everything. We did do service once again which was great. People appreciate it when we serve them and it can only lead to good things. I just wish they'd come a little sooner.
Well I'm at a loss for anything else to say. I guess I can say more on Sunday and be more informative and stuff.
Have a good week!
-Elder Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment