25 April 2011

blah blah blah

Hello hello. This week seemed to go by real slow for some reason. I dunno. It was weird.

Things are greener now. No more ugly brown trees taking up space. Now it's green green green. It's also warmer now. We opened all our windows last night and turned off the air conditioner and sweat ourselves to sleep cause my companion likes sleeping in the warmth. We'll have to compromise there somehow. Anyways summer is on its way, rearing its moist, humid head.


Like a Virginian, riding for the very first time.
The week was good though, better than last. We did more service for the same guy as last time, but this time he gave us a bunch of stuff. I'll have to get a package ready to get it out of here. But yeah we also mowed a member's lawn and their neighbor's lawn cause they're really old. I only did a little bit in my suit cause I wanted pictures of it but Elder Gaunt did most cause he liked it a lot and his pants were more apt to do it.

We also had some good lessons and some more good potential show up. We finally got to teach someone that the sisters were teaching that has wanted to meet with us for a while. He does like audio mixing for bands so he's always at shows and stuff living some kind of rock star lifestyle. But he really wants to leave his church and do something else and our church sounds good to him. He's very willing to change which is awesome. That was a positive, as well as a few other people that sound good and ready for our message. We just need to get things happening and moving faster. This area is really slow-moving which is hard to change cause of distance and miles and lack of contact and stuff. But it is getting better.

I did get your package on like Saturday or something and it was a nice surprise. Elder Gaunt has given up sugar so I got to torture him but it was all good stuff inside.

Oh, District Meeting was on Thursday so I got to do all that. It was just us and the Gloucester sisters which never gets any less weird but it was a good meeting. We had lunch from the restaurant owned by a member here afterwards. Yay!

What else what else. I don't have my planner so I can't look back at my week too easy. Just know that it was good. Yep. Real good. I blame the keyboard for not being able to write more today.

Anyways, talk again next week. And then Mother's Day will happen. Hooray.

-Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment