30 May 2011

memorial day phantom e-mail

We are probably the only missionaries in the mission e-mailing right now. Unless someone else has a similar set-up. You guys are lucky.

This week was better than last week which isn't saying much. No diarrhea this time and my stomach was mostly under control, so I think it wasjust a bug of some kind. All better though now. We had a little more success in the work and found some new people to teach. We're just holding out hope that things will work out cause we still want to have a baptism before the end of next month. We found this new lady who's had a pretty rough adult life and we shared the restoration with her and she said she felt like God was sitting on her shoulder as we talked and that she knows the Book of Mormon is true. But she thinks that God is telling her exactly what she needs to do right now and that she's not ready to be a mormon...yet. She said "yet" so we're definitely going to keep going by. We might try to do some yard work for her cause she needs it and then hoping to just ask her questions while we're there. We'll see what happens.

But yeah this week was pretty uneventful actually. Last night we had some missionaries from Newport News come up and they're going to spend the p-day with us. We'll go bowling later and just do whatever. One of them was with me at the leadership meeting, Elder Jones. I just can't escape him. But it'll be fun. Really though this week was just a lot of stuff but I don't know what to write about. I'm like blanking on what we did. Oh yeah, yesterday we had dinner at a member's house and they had like a big birthday party for everyone in the family and Elder Gaunt got in on it cause his birthday was this month and so that was fun. We also volunteered at the convalescent home again and helped out some old people play bingo. It feels good doing something like that cause the other volunteers were really grateful and stuff. Too bad we can't volunteer on movie night.

I am seriously drawing blanks. Is this bad? Maybe I'm just so focused on tomorrow and the next week that I just forget about yesterday. Is that a good thing? Probably. Maybe. I just don't remember all the cool things as readily as I once did. I'm forgetting what would be considered "cool" to you guys. I have been writing in my journal though so it's not like things are just lost forever.

Well I am quickly out of time. I'm gonna go have fun this memorial p-day. Have a good week!

-Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment