Transfer calls came and went last night with nothing spectacular happening. We're both gonna stay here and I'm gonna kill Elder Gaunt (send him home or whatever) which means another 6 weeks after that most likely for me cause they wouldn't shotgun the area again. So I ain't goin nowhere. But it should be good. I can't tell if it's a good thing or not to not have a lot of changes on my mission. I feel like I've held onto areas and companions for longer and longer. I'm only on my 6th one in my 4th area compared to 13 in 8 for Elder Gaunt. I'm I doing it wrong? Maybe it's good. I have no idea. One of the sisters in my district is going to another ward in the zone. I don't really know the one coming in yet. So yeah, nothing exciting. We were hoping for a third companion but we can't complain. Now we just need to baptize somebody.
 |
| We had a fire last night. That's our car in the back. |
This week was actually pretty good. We started teaching that one part-member I may have mentioned who hadn't been to church in like 20 years. His wife's a member and they have grandkids that have been on missions but he's just "never really thought about" becoming a member (in his words). Crazy. He's been around the church for 50 years and never really thought about becoming a member? But we invited him to "test drive" the gospel (he likes cars, it was his analogy) cause she really really wants to go to the temple. And she tells him that like all the time. She did it again in gospel principles yesterday and will probably continue to talk his ear off about it. But he really seems to be more comfortable at church and will very likely become a member pretty soon. He's big into the Tea Party and one of the members in the branch started the Virginia district of the tea party so he like idolizes that member. It's pretty sweet. But yeah he'll be one to watch. They're going out of town for 3 weeks or something which stinks but he'll be back...one day...
Anyways that was the exciting part of the week. We did more service (woo) but no free stuff this time. I cleaned out the gutters for someone which was a very messy job. It was fun though. We also re-did some guy's screen porch which was interesting cause like 2 months earlier we knocked on his door and he slammed it on us but he was okay with us going and serving him cause his neighbor (a member) told him about us. It's cool what service can do to help people.
We had district meeting too which proved to be even more unnerving. It was very rushed which I didn't appreciate much BUT all was well. We played pictionary though which I think helped. And everyone in the district gave a training, but that's not saying much. Beyond that though the week had a lot of stuff not keep which always stinks. But things are on the upswing. We have optimism. Met some more cool people this week like we always do but none that are terribly interested in doing anything other than what they're already doing. When families have been going to churches for generations it's hard to change that. All in due time!
Wish I had more to say. I'm doing great, no problems or anything. Just keep being nice and e-mailing me every week. That'll be great. Real great.
Love love.
-Elder Ryan Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment