Man oh man did I get sick this week. Well, I shouldn't over exaggerate it. I'm not like terminal or anything. I don't even have any disease or so the doctor said. I just had a hard time keeping my food in me. On Tuesday I ate a lot of greasy food (burger, pizza, etc.) and then that day and later that night I was in bad pain until I finally evacuated it. But I was pretty consistently in the bathroom on the toilet. Wednesday it still hurt and then Thursday it got better but Friday I had some spicy chip dip and a milkshake and then had even more evacuations that night and Saturday morning. All in all I hurt a lot. I had a tick bite two Fridays ago so the medical advisor played it safe and had me go to an urgent care in Tappahannock. I felt dumb cause it definitely was not lyme disease and the doctor was kinda like "why are you here" but whatever. He said I may be developing a lactose intolerance or I'm just not done getting over a virus. I think it's the second one cause the pain just came out of nowhere and it all started after a cheeseburger lunch I don't think lactose intolerance just kinda shows up that suddenly. I'm doing better now. I'm gonna try going off dairy for a little bit and then have another milkshake and see what that does to me. Cause I don't wanna be lactose intolerant. I love me some lactose.
So the sickness stuff kept me in the apartment most of the week. I did some good sleeping and journal writing between the evacuating and Elder Gaunt worked out a lot and slept too. It got pretty old pretty quick. Friday we went out the whole day and had a dumpy day (not like that though). We found out that our miracle couple is officially done with. They're still a miracle, just not a couple. And we don't know who's gonna end up where. We were texting both of them which was probably a bad idea so we stopped. But we're now trying to move on to life without our baptismal dates. We really want to baptize someone before the transfer is over and I know we can do it. We just need some breakthroughs. I almost made another poo joke.
But yeah that's what we're up to. We did have a good day yesterday. We had a less active come to church that was a wonderful surprise. And we got some appointments in the evening which was also a fine surprise. So things are on the up and up.
And I'm about out of time. That's okay we really didn't do much else this week. Not even any service! Crazy. But yeah, have a good week!
-Elder Ryan Parker
Evacuated? Hahahahaha, my boys would love that. They would also love that the subject of most of his letter is about that. So glad he's feeling better. And so glad I found this blog :)
ReplyDelete