01 August 2011

i'm being followed by a

Good week good week. Are you guys sick of hearing that yet? Maybe I should just talk about the bad stuff that happened, then you'll be all happy the next week when I go back to normal. Or not.

We continued to teach all the people we were teaching and even did some extra teaching. We had exchanges with the zone leaders again where we split up in the area and did two days of stuff. Stressful for sure but we got a lot done, including two dinner appointments at the same time! Now that's efficiency. We didn't have as much success as last time we exchanged but it was a good day for sure. We also had district meeting which consisted of a scholarly game from my companion and a mini "story time" from everyone in attendance. It was okay I guess. A change of pace from the usual district meetings I put together. I just hope people get stuff out of them.

Besides all that our investigators are doing pretty well. One of them, the one that was engaged to one of the members here, just got married this morning and we were able to be in attendance. It was a small ceremony but it was cool. Just last night we asked him all the baptismal interview questions incognito (we were asking some questions to "evaluate his learning") and he nailed all of them so at the end we told him what was up and he just laughed. He still thinks he has to have a solid confirmation that he needs to join the church but he knows that he eventually will and even wants his father in law to do it. We just want it to happen as soon as possible, cause we're biased like that. And cause everyone else does too.

The family that we're teaching is doing good too. The boyfriend of the mom finally came to one of our lessons which was great cause we were able to teach him a brief restoration and invite him to learn with her and he said yes. I did feel bad though cause he was hoping to play guitar with Elder Jones who plays the bass really well but he was on exchanges, and he was hoping to have "burgers and macaroni and cheese" which ended up being "veggie burgers and macaroni and cheese". He wasn't offended or anything but you know I felt bad. It'll be good though. We're hopefully seeing both of them tonight.

We did have an investigator drop us this week and another we might drop ourselves but things are still going well here. We did have a new lady move in with her 3 kids and she's super nice. She's only been a member for a year and was actually introduced to the church through World of Warcraft. She met some guy on there from San Diego and he sent her out a Book of Mormon and she went from there. Crazy, right? Kinda cool though I guess.

That's about all I got. Talk to you next week!

-Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment