25 July 2011

embellishments

Hello family. Another good week. Lots of traveling again for all sorts of reasons.

So a Richmond trip Tuesday and then Williamsburg trip Wednesday. We had a district leader meeting on Wednesday which came out of nowhere so i went to Williamsburg and got a ride to Richmond with them. They've never really done a meeting like it in the mission so it was kind of an experiment. We learned about how to lead districts and...lead them. It was good though. We finally got our portable DVD players that we had been promised so now missionaries all over the mission can watch the District videos at their leisure. They're kinda dumpy but they'll do. Any ways the next day was interviews in Williamsburg so we spent the rest of the day there doing stuff. Interviews were great as usual. I really feel like if there was no other reason for me to come to Virginia it was for me to have President Perry as my mission president. He's really helped me out a lot. We talked a lot about the area and how well our companionship is doing. It's good to be appreciated, you know? I think I've said that a lot lately. I should stop.

Other than that it was just the usual. We helped a family move in that we're teaching even though it was pretty hot that day. Lots of people from the branch came to help though which was great. We taught them again too and heard comments about how they want to be baptized. So we'll accommodate. They still have to make some changes in their life but we're excited at the possibility. We did run into a roadblock with our 10 year old investigator. His aunt found some anti and showed it to the parents and now they're like "we don't want him doing anything unless he's sure about it" so they want him to go to church for like 6 months before being baptized. But his aunt wants to go to church with him and the parents are taking more interest in the church so this may be a blessing in disguise. We'll have to see.

But yeah things are still going good here. No more funerals this week which is nice. We've counted 3 people in the area that have died since Elder Jones got here. I guess I should be more careful driving.

Oh, I gave another talk in church. It went well and I got some good compliments. I told the story about how Elder Jones ripped his pants on accident when he got here cause he was celebrating and so that was the part everyone remembered but I hope they remember the rest of it too. I told some stories and got some laughs. It was nice.

So that's about all I've got. I'm still doing fine. President made it seem like we're both staying next transfer but who knows, right? I don't. I wish I did though. He said he didn't see any reason to transfer either of us so those are good words to hear.

Talk to you next week!

-Elder Ryan Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment