So the week after painful bladder issues was still a success. I guess the pills worked just fine cause I haven't had any pain since. I experienced some side-effects of the pills nonetheless but no more early morning ER runs. And no vomit.
Really though it was good. I had to do another district meeting which meant more racking my brain trying to get something interesting prepared. They're a lot easier with all elders cause there's no more awkwardness. I felt bad though cause I wanted to have a fun game activity cause we always do those and it helps get people loosened up but when I asked the greenie to prepare an activity he didn't really understand the directions and instead prepared a door approach role-play activity which is like the exact opposite of a fun activity. It was more my fault than his but man it was an almost comical reverse direction following. Whatever.
We got to teach more of our investigators which was cool. The family I told you about is doing better than expected. They have to get married before baptism so we brought that up and they were more accepting than we anticipated. They didn't make plans or anything but lets just say one half of the couple is all systems go but the other isn't so sure. We'll see what happens though. Good news is that they asked if their daughter could be baptized anyway which of course she can and which of course we were happy to accomodate and of course we're now planning on her baptism on September 10th. We thought about waiting until the parents could do it too but our mission president said it might be good for the daughter to go first so it can keep the parents focused and progressing. We were cool with that.
We also met the 10 year-old investigator's aunt who cause a real problem with her anti remarks. She had some attitude but she accepted a later visit from us next week so good on her I guess. We're still waiting on the parents to take some initiative for his baptism but we can only do so much. Oh well.
Hm, no drama this week, sorry. We had some cool thunderstorms and some child of record baptisms yesterday but other than it's been same old same old. Same people being taught, same people not wanting to be taught, same morning exercise, etc. etc. I'm sure that sounds bad but it's really how it is. It's weird being in a trio but it has its perks. We can go into any house regardless of the number of men there and we can get more stuff done in service opportunities. We did do some painting this week and I did kinda ruin the jeans you sent me but they'll last me the rest of my mission for sure and I might even wear them afterwards. Dirty jeans are in, right? Right? Right.
We're having fun though and the end of my mission is coming ever sooner. I'm officially going home in December too cause I told the mission office about it and they're now looking for tickets for me. They actually said it could be anywhere between the 26th and the 31st that I could go home which is both good and bad. Good if it's the 26th but bad if it's any later than the 28th. That will be a crazy week I'm sure. But yeah you'll probably get my itinerary in the next month or two. That's about when Elder Gaunt's family got theirs.Weird, right? Now I just gotta avoid being as trunky as him.
I don't know what else to say so I won't say anything. All is well and I'm doing just fine. The prednisone is long gone now and I've regained my small appetite. My face had swelled up too which I found out was a side-effect of it and I think that's going down too. So I'm happy. I'm no longer a slave to medication.
To freedom!
-Elder Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment