15 August 2011

it's like watching 'scrubs!'

A few days into the trio and we're doing well I suppose. We had a hard time figuring out where Elder Capson would put his stuff. Our dressers were full and our closet could not support another line of white shirts. So we took the middle room between the bedroom and the "lounge" and strung a clothesline across it for his hangers and then took all the supplies off the supply closet for his "dresser", with a towel to cover his unmentionables. We thought it was pretty creative. His study desk is in there too so it's like his all-in-one room. Yeah. But he's integrating well enough. He's from Riverton, UT and he's a crazy good computer guy. He won some Utah competition for it and stuff. Crazy!

I also had some more ER drama this week. Not as much as last time but an ER trip nonetheless. This one was at 3 in the morning so we were certainly tired. I woke up at like 1 in the morning with a terrible terrible pain in my lower abdomen like I had to pee but when I went I couldn't. Sad. It really really hurt too so I ended up writhing there until 3 when I asked for a blessing from my drowsy companions. They counseled me to go to the ER though so we just up and left right there. I writhed in the passenger seat some more and even threw up in a convenient Wal-mart bag we had in the car on the way down. We showed up and they let me right in (not as busy as last time thank goodness). But they took some samples from and stuff and let me sit in my room for a good hour or so until the results came back. I hurt. And I guess the results came back as a big fat question mark cause they really didn't know what it was that was causing my discomfort. They thought maybe it was kidney stones but my back didn't hurt at all so they ruled that out. They decided to call it a bladder infection and treated me as such. I took a week's worth of antibiotics all at once as well as some other pills that made me pee funny colors, namely orange.

But before I left the ER I got a nice big shot in my left buttocks which is STILL sore and some prescriptions. I was still in pain though all the way back (a 20 minute drive) to the house and once I arrived I threw up all the pills that I had just taken that were supposed to make me feel better. So here I was, still unable to pee and still in pain with no pain medication in my system and unable to pick up my prescription until the pharmacy opened. I was frustrated. And smelly (from the vomit). So I paced around the apartment for a while saying crazy things until I sat down in our nice big la-z boy and found a position that didn't make me hurt and took a nap. Two and a half hours later I was up and felt GREAT. No pain at all. So I don't know if it was the stupid shot that made it go away or maybe the pills made it into my system after all but whatever it was I've felt great ever since. The antibiotics gave me some weird side-effects but other than that I'm all good to go. They said I could call another doctor in the area named Rocky Tingle (can't make this stuff up) to have him check me out if it didn't get better in a week but at this point I have no need for Dr. Tingle's services.

And that's the story of my frustrated bladder.

Aside from that the week was good. We taught some new people but we couldn't get appointments with some of our investigators so it wasn't as good as it could've been. Just...more of the same. I spent too much time talking about me stupid urine blockage so now I'm out of time to talk about anything else. Sorry! Not much else to say though, really. Talk to you next week!

-Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment