18 April 2011

twisted bingo!

Oh man another week. I don't even know how I got to this point again. Weeks are getting thrown out like candy wrappers now. We're at the restaurant again using the computer.

So this one started out pretty dumpy and ended dumpy but in between we had some good stuff. We helped out even more with that one member who's moving out. He's out of the house now but still needs to clean the rest out. This time he gave me Avatar on DVD (just the bare-bones version) and a Spongebob stuffed toy and an attache briefcase. No complaints there. We also volunteered at a convalescent home in Kilmarnock. We helped them play bingo with face cards and set up the game and stuff. I helped these two guys in the corner that were pretty funny. One of them had a lot of visual problems and he didn't really like playing the game. He also had some other interesting comments but I'll save those for another venue. It was fun though and something different. Elder Gaunt was bored out of his mind but that's not too surprising. And lastly we helped a member that's starting a computer business get their store ready. I took some pictures for their marketing and I built a computer for them to use. I was surprised how fun it was to build a computer. When it started up I was excited it actually worked.

Anyways other than that the week was full of dropped appointments and dropped investigators and all sorts of opposition. We took a long hard look at the area this last weekend and tried to find out how we could improve it. We still think there's lots of potential but it's hard to turn it into something substantial. We had a less active/part member come to church this week that hasn't been in like 15 years and everyone was super excited to see them. It was a big step. She's super nice too and she liked Relief Society so hopefully she'll come back more often. We also got a lesson in yesterday with that one referral I mentioned last week that we had an appointment with that day. It was very good and I think she'll meet with us again. Those were the big successes of the week. We still think the branch is appreciating all the service we're doing and are willing to help us and stuff but we just need to start teaching more people. Turn these referrals into investigators. That's been hard too.

Oh, some bad news. Well, for me at least. iPods are no longer allowed in the mission. Well, at least iPod touches are. Regular iPods and other MP3 players can only be used in the apartment now which basically makes them not worth it. I'm glad I kept the mini-disc player out here cause I'm gonna copy over as much as I can to it. I'm not happy about the change cause now my Gospel Library app is un-useable and I can't use it as a journal anymore. Most of the mission wasn't mis-using them anyway. The 5% ruined it for the 95%. Hrmph.

Well I am quickly out of time. No pictures again this week. I need to get more of the area and stuff cause mostly it's just like lame pictures here and there of stuff.

I'm all dried up. No last-paragraph complaints this week. Maybe just something of substance next time.

-Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment