Hello hello. This may be a shorter e-mail cause our branch president has to leave the house at 12 and it's already a quarter til, but he may be nice and let us finish our e-mails. Who knows.
This was a good week. Our numbers were terrible but I think we got a lot of good things done. We helped the same guy from last week again who's moving out of his house. He had a lot of stuff in his garage which has helped me vow to never have a lot of stuff in my garage. Seriously, our house is nothing. We also helped spread some mulch for a member and helped out at the Boy Scout's Shrimp and Oyster Roast on Saturday. It was really cool. We collected the money and tickets at the front door and I'm pretty sure we scared away at least one family cause two times their car drove into the parking lot and then drove away. The second time they pulled into the parking spot and then backed out when we walked up to the door in anticipation. Ugh. We just have that affect on people. I didn't try any oysters though which I was planning to do. We just didn't have any time to sit down and eat really so I just ate some shrimp and hot dogs that people gave us.
Elder Gaunt also had some shrimp, which he at one point was allergic to. He had some a few weeks ago and didn't have a reaction so he thought he was fine but after having like 30 shrimp on Saturday, he was tomato red an hour later. He got hives and everything. His tongue didn't swell up so he was fine in that way but he itched all over and looked like he was going to burst. It was a nice Willy Wonka moment. One of the members there ran and got him some Benadryl and we eventually left but when we got back it got even worse. Once the Benadryl kicked in he was fine but man was he red. We laughed. Mostly I laughed at him, but we both laughed.
We didn't have anyone at church Sunday but two non-members came who should be investigators soon. And we got another referral from a member for a lady who seems really nice and interested. We're teaching her today at 5:30 so we'll see how that goes. Our miracle couple from forever ago had seemingly dropped off the map but yesterday we finally contacted them again to find out that they've really just gone through a lot of crap but they still want to be baptized. So that was a success. It's the little things, right? Right?
So yeah those were the highlights of the week. I did start writing in my journal again, but on my iPod instead of my notebook. It lets me write faster and get out more thoughts each day. I did get a lot of use out of the one Andrea got me (almost the first year of my mission in it) and I may still go back to it but the iPod is really nice to use.
I think that's all. Enjoy your week!
-Elder Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment