01 November 2010

pur-a-dise

This week was a better week than moist (a typo I decided to keep). The appointment right after p-day was kinda weird cause the lady's brother was there. We think he was trying to bash with us but he didn't really know how to so it just kinda died. We saw her again yesterday and she said she couldn't meet with us today cause she had a doctor's appointment. A fake one. On Tuesday we had dinner with our branch president and his family. He's asked us to give him, his wife, and his 4 teenage daughters the 4 lessons in order to give them the "investigator experience". It was pretty cool but I don't think they paid attention or listened. But whatever. Scott was there and right after he got the priesthood. We did it then cause we wanted him to have it for the temple trip on Saturday but the trip was canceled. I got to ordain him which was cool but I didn't really know what to say in the blessing. Oh, and this does mean that I'd like my line of authority sent out so I can give it to him. I'm not sure why I didn't take it with me.
A cool picture of lightning I got in the last thunderstorm.
That's Elder Christensen's arm in the corner.
That's him in the spot. light.

Anyways, church yesterday was crazy nuts. First off we had to arrange rides for like a hundred people cause a lot of people we're teaching don't have cars. They all made it there so that was good. But also we were teaching the 5th Sunday lesson the first hour and singing in sacrament meeting the third hour (we're backwards). The lesson was okay. We taught about love and charity but because we got the assignment the Friday before we didn't have time to prepare for it and whenever I tried to my companion just said we could wing it and it didn't go that well. We kinda saved it at the end and built some trust though we think/hope. Then we sang as the only 2 dudes and everyone said they couldn't hear us cause the microphone was off. I'm kinda glad they couldn't hear. Then after church we asked Scott to drive us up to Chesterfield so we could spend our Halloween night inside (must be in at 6) and then p-day the next day with them. And that's where we are now. It's cool being back but it really wasn't that long ago I was here so it's not like I'm going back to my childhood or anything.

Friday was kinda cool. We had district meeting and then right after Elder Christensen had to interview someone for baptism on Fort Lee so we got to go in there and sit at the "Spiritual Fitness Center" (church) while the interview happened. It was cool being surrounded by military-men. Some of them were younger than me. That was weird.

Another double rainbow surprise.
Hm. What else. Oh, the week went by pretty slow for some reason. We were pretty much done with miles so we had to do a ton more walking down super country roads with like 5 houses on them. No winning Monopoly pieces. Disappointing. But my toe got better pretty quickly. It's still not normal looking but I don't feel pain. It's nice being able to touch the corner of my toe without it hurting. Now I'm just worried about my other toe.

Remember that baseball player guy that I mentioned when I first got here? Well we finally were able to have a lesson with him after like a month and a half cause he had cancer and was in Norfolk going to the doctor everyday for it. But now he's healthy and we taught him and we went to church again and is set to be baptized on the 20th of November. That's cool, right?

So today should be a good p-day. We're going mini-golfing because it's one of our zone leaders' birthday today. Right before mine, I know. He'll be 21 too. But yeah. Good. Cool. Birthdays.

I think that's all. I can't believe it's November. I can't believe I'm almost 21.

-Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment