29 November 2010

my body...

Me smiling in a cotton field.
Transfer calls came and went last night, and barring any apologetic calls today we're both staying another transfer. We're both fine with it. We get along pretty well and hopefully we'll both get to see Charles get better and get baptized. The Lawrenceville area is getting closed and Petersburg is getting shotgunned so we'll have a very different district. But yeah that's about it really.

This last week was very...slow. I got really sick Saturday night and all of Sunday and then with Thanksgiving on Thursday and Exchanges on Monday we didn't really do a lot of missionary work in our area. I'm just now getting better but yesterday was pretty miserable. If it wasn't one problem it was another. I woke up Sunday with a lot of...snot in my head and just wanted to drain my head out. Once I cured that I got a terrible fever but I couldn't lay down cause all the snot would rush down my throat. Then when my fever went away I was starving but everything I ate I just threw up again. Then this morning I just ached like crazy but now I'm doing better and just have a little sore throat. But yesterday was rough. We didn't go to church or go outside but our branch mission leader and Scott came over and gave us the sacrament which was cool.

 I made that cake finally on Thanksgiving,
and here I am blowing out its candles.
Thanksgiving was essentially just eating and sleeping. We ate at a member's house here. They had a ton of family over so we were kinda left to ourselves a little bit but that was fine. Before and after that though we slept. And it was good. We also got to help out some with a thanksgiving dinner community service project. A bunch of churches in Wakefield get together and make dinners that they can give out to people that need them in the area, so we helped put those together. Even though other members were there we were the only "visible" Mormons there so we got some weird looks and weird questions from some of the more staunch Methodists/Baptists/whatevers. It was cool though.

Elder Christensen struttin' in a cotton field.
We weren't able to contact Charles at all this week. We called him a hundred times and even texted him but couldn't get anything. That either means he's in the process of being operated on or he can't use his phone or he doesn't like us anymore. We're hoping it's not the last one.

I don't know what else to say about our week. I'm kind of in a hazy daze right now so I can't think of anything cool to say. I haven't sent the tape package yet cause of Thanksgiving and my illness but I'll try to do that today.

Sorry for the short e-mail. Until next week.

-Elder Ryan Parker

.

No comments:

Post a Comment