15 November 2010

plantation peanuts sold here

The week had some bumps in it. We taught Charles the baseball guy a bunch and he's getting ready for baptism on Saturday. He really loves this church. He says since he's been living the gospel and keeping all the commandments everyone around him has noticed a change in him. Nobody in his life recognizes who he is anymore. In a good way of course. Not in a bad "you've got a demon in you" way. He's excited and we're excited so it should be good on Saturday. It's gonna be in the morning so I'm a little worried people from the branch won't be able to make it, especially since it wasn't announced in the sacrament meeting we didn't have this week, with stake conference. Oh well. We'll make it happen.

My shoes, before they're shined (left)
and after (right).
On Thursday Elder Christensen decided to eat Subway and a bag of those 3rd degree burn Doritos chips which gave him horrible indigestion and the stomach flu at the same time. He was up all night throwing up and my bed is right next to the wall that's shared with the bathroom so I got to hear every splash and gag of it. Not to say I had it worse than him. He was miserable. But, you know. In the morning we went to get some Pepto but he just threw that up. So Friday was a day of not going out which was boring. It gave me a glimpse of what life after and before the mission is, since I had lots of free time and not much to do in it. Of course I would have more distractions and stuff but still. It was weird. I taped my Preach My Gospel up so it would last longer and cleaned up the apartment a bit. And took a nap. But all that threw a giant stick into our spokes cause we had to cancel some appointments and move weekly planning so the weekend was just a mess of trying to catch up and we didn't get to teach some of the people we needed to.

This week should be good though. I'll have a new companion for the next 4 days cause Elder Christensen is going to another leadership training thing, this time for 4 days which I don't understand. Elder Killpack will come down and be my assigned friend. I'll be driving again which makes me a little nervous with some of these awful non-stoplight intersections out here.

And I'm being kicked off again. Probably will get back on this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment