This week was all over the place. We had a District Meeting in Petersburg which went pretty well and afterwards we went on exchanges in Lawrenceville where both me and Elder Christensen went down there and split up to different towns in the area. What this meant was that me and Elder Wardenburg who's still a greenie spent the day walking around the actual town of Lawrenceville in the rain for the rest of the day without and umbrella while the other two took the car down to the North Carolina border for the area's only appointment. If I sound bitter just know I don't intend to be, but we were certainly soaked to the very core. The only reason I say this is because my planner was ruined so I am now unable to remember anything that happened before Friday. Not that it would've been all that cool but nonetheless. So much happens each week I have a hard time remembering.
Conference weekend was cool. We missed the first hour of the Saturday Afternoon session cause we were helping a family in the ward raise the walls on a house they're building. It was cool cause practically the whole branch showed up to help so it took like a half an hour to raise 2 rather large walls. But yeah the rest of it was pretty cool. The golden referral I was talking about last week was present for all 5 sessions and said he could've watched the priesthood session five times over. He's scheduled for the 23rd to be baptized but we'll probably move it up to the 16th cause he's super ready and transfers are the week after and we want to make sure we'll be here when it happens. In between sessions he was asking about how we prepared for our missions and what stuff we had to do and then he basically told us he was thinking about going on a mission. So he's ready for water. We're teaching him again tonight cause he's taking us home from our zone p-day today and he asked if we could stick around at the Wakefield chapel to teach him some more. Yeah, he asked us. Crazy. I hate to sound so sure about it in case it doesn't all work out but it's pretty exciting.
Otherwise the area's doing pretty good. We're getting more used to everything although I'm still struggling getting to know all the streets and stuff. It's just really hard to learn the streets between the different towns when the only thing you can use to distinguish them is the amount of trees that are on either side. Plus I've always struggled at becoming oriented in new places. Oh well. This is definitely a small town area though. Other than Wakefield, Waverly and Surry you have several different towns that are basically intersections with names, so that small town community feel is definitely here. On Saturday morning when we had to do our Weekly Planning (we usually do it Friday but we spent that time helping Lawrenceville do their weekly planning better) there was a parade that went by on the street we live on, complete with tractors, trucks, fire engines, marching bands, beauty pageant winners, people throwing candy, and four-wheelers. It was just very funny to have a parade parading by during our most important 2 and a half hours of the week. It was funny. I promise.
I don't know what else to say. This e-mail is pretty short it seems. Thanks for all your e-mails, and especially thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Parker for their letters every week. Those are really nice to get. I think that's it.
-Elder Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment