Transfer calls were last night and for the first time since my first transfer there are no changes. Me and Elder Christensen are both staying here, the Lawrenceville missionaries are both staying, but the same Elder Matthews I was on exchanges with last week is leaving. And that's really about it in the district. One cool thing is that the zone leader area is now Chesterfield 1st ward instead of Hopewell, which means that if we go on exchanges with the zone leaders, which we probably will, I'll likely end up spending a day in my birth area. I'm excited about that.
![]() |
This crushed straw wrapper just happened to fold and squish in a way that makes it look like a gun. I just saw it on the ground like this. I thought it was cool... |
But really I'm totally fine staying here another transfer. Now that Scott the golden referral is baptized we're down to not so many people to teach, but last Friday me and Elder Taylor (another exchange with Lawrenceville) finally contacted and taught one of our other good investigators who we were afraid was ignoring us. She wasn't. At least on purpose. But it was a really good lesson wherein she told us she thinks the Book of Mormon is probably true and that she will eventually be baptized. So yeah, it went pretty well. Plus we've been finding some new people who may or may not keep their appointments but it's promising at this point. Unfortunately we still don't have the back country roads all figured out and we had to give back the GPS that we borrowed from a member so we're roughin' it at this point. But it's all good. We get along pretty well. Not too many complaints.
![]() |
Nostalgia picture I never sent of the dying zebra. Campbell, Parker, Holbrook. |
We did baptize Scott this last Saturday though. It went very well. He had a ton of family there to the point where there were more non-members than members. Good service though. He was so excited for it and after the baptism when we were eating at Taco Bell (courtesy of the Branch President) we talked about him going on exchanges with us and he loved the idea. So we will do that. Definitely. He's just good to go.
The rest of the week went pretty well though. We did like a 2 day exchange with Lawrenceville where the 4 of us split up in our area and did stuff Friday afternoon-night and Saturday afternoon-night. It was interesting cause we only had one car so the other two had to walk if they didn't have it. But yeah. It went well.
I'm at a loss for stuff to say. This Wednesday will be 9 months. I shouldn't be counting like this. But I am. Sorry. Short e-mail again. I forgot to do the list thing. Still no feedback on the tape though. I'd like that. Short sentences.
-Elder Parker


No comments:
Post a Comment