27 September 2010

i'm wearing a BLUE tie

The only picture I have of Elder Christensen. He's camera-shy.

The week got better. On Monday night, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday morning I was in Lawrenceville, VA which is really close to the North Carolina border. I was with a greenie and his step trainer (Elder Wardenburg and Elder Taylor, respectively). We did a lot of walking cause they have no miles and their area is huge and I didn't bring my bike down. So we got sweaty. The temperature just spiked in those few days I was there but I can't complain too much. It was fun though. Their area is a lot more populated than ours is. They actually have like real fast food to eat. We have a McDonalds, a Hardee's, and a Subway. And two of them are like 10 miles away. We do have the famous Guy Frieri endorsed Virginia Diner though. I can actually see it from the library window right now. I guess its pretty famous in Virginia but everyone around here said it's overrated. We tried it this morning to see what it was like and were not impressed. It has a signed poster by Guy Frieri in it though which I figured you guys would appreciate. You maniacs you. If you watch that episode it'll probably show Wakefield a little so you should look out for it.

Me in a harvested field.
This is basically Sussex and Surry county summarized in a single picture.
But yeah Lawrenceville was cool. The missionaries there have been struggling cause they got shotgunned in too and they're both pretty new so they were a little lost. I tried helping them out but I could only do enough to get them going. They'll be fine though. After that little vacation though we had some crazy stuff happen. One of our members gave us one of those golden referrals where they've practically asked to be baptized already and so we taught him once and set him right there. She had already taught him the first two lessons herself (she had PMG in front of her and everything) and he loved it and had had all these crazy dreams and stuff about being a member and went to institute with her and stuff. He's like 19 so he's fresh out of high school. But he had already asked if the member's fiancee could baptize him when he got back from college so he was pretty much asking for it. That was cool though. Then we taught another lady that we had already been teaching a little and set her as well. We've been a little set-happy lately but that's mostly cause that's the focus right now. No one will get baptized unless they're asked, right? Right. 
What are you doing there window?
You don't belong in the shower.
What purpose are you serving?

Other than that there's nothing super new to talk about. 

The branch has been good to us so far. We don't get fed every night but I haven't had that since my first month in Chesterfield so it's not a big deal. 2 or 3 a week is average. We get fed well though.

Oh, remember the baseball player investigator? I thought he was just avoiding us last week but apparently he's really sick and might have a prostate problem. I know the sickness itself isn't good but it's good that he wasn't trying to avoid us. Real good. He's pretty solid so we're excited about that too.

I don't know what else to say though. Fall is practically upon us but the leaves haven't really shown it yet. And the temperature hasn't either. This was a lame e-mail. 

I'm not too worried about the Chargers. It seems like the Matthews injury is holding them back so they'll be fine when he comes back I think. I'm a little worried about the Padres but they could easily make it in, and then it's just a matter of getting hot in the playoffs. Plus it seems like Chris Young is ready to be a pitcher again. And the Aztecs are making me jealous.

Busch Gardens, from the other side of the James River.
Our area is bordered on the north by the James 

so we went up there and looked at it.
One p-day we'll probably go to Jamestown, 

cause I really want to. 
Hm. These e-mails are getting rough. I guess when so many things become "commonplace" as a missionary it's hard to distinguish it as something you guys would care to hear about. All the cool/funny stories just get lost somewhere in my journal. I need to start doing a weekly e-mail list in my planner or something, of stuff you guys would think is cool/funny. Yeah. I'll do that.



No comments:

Post a Comment