12 October 2010

no food or drink at computer stations please

Me in front of the Wakefield water tower. Cool, right?


So this week was a little warmer. Out of nowhere it jumped up to 88 or so today. We had all thought summer was done. We were blind-sided.

Nothing really cool to talk about. The libraries were all closed again this Monday (Columbus Day? Really?) so we're doing it today. I'm on exchanges with Elder Matthews who's in Petersburg right now. We had an appointment not keep this morning  and we have another one in like less than an hour so...yeah. Not sure why I said that. I tried writing things down throughout the week that I would like to share during e-mails. We'll see how this goes. 

A funny thing happened in Waverly this week. We were walking down the street and this guy's walking down with a fat cigar in his mouth and he just looks angry as can be, but Elder Christensen gave it the ol' college try and waved with a "hey how you doin" and the guy just looks over and yells "UUNNGGH" at us with great gusto. We just kept walking trying not to laugh but like 40 yards down the road we just couldn't hold it in. Who does that, you know? It was funny. I hope you think it's funny.

We had zone meeting last Friday too. It was good. We had Cici's Pizza afterwards. Nothing cool to say here. Our golden referral had his baptismal interview right after which was sweet. He's good to go. This Saturday at 1:00. We gave him a Preach My Gospel last Friday and he's just all over it. Now we just need to find someone else to teach. Transfers are next Thursday but we'll know this Sunday what's going on. We're both probably staying cause we both just got here. I'm fine with that. Wakefield has some room to grow.

A frog landed on our windshield while we were at a stop sign.
My camera was nearby
We also had interviews with our mission president which are even more cherished now that they're only done quarterly. I like President Perry a lot. It'll be a good rest of my mission. Not that President Millburn wasn't good too. It's just... you know.

I got a package from the Laurels in the ward I think. Tell them thanks. It had candy in it. I like candy.

We have this Mexican restaurant in the area that a member here owns so we get to eat there once a week. It's pretty good and they have this sauce that is a lot like the red sauce that Rodrigos has. I like it. But everytime we go it creates a big lull in the day cause we're both just on the verge of exploding from the inside. No complaints though. 

That's all I got. I also got stung by a bee but that's a dumb story. I was trying to not get stung by it but I ended up getting stung anyway. There you go.

This must be a lame e-mail. Virginia's still doing good. I started a tape for you guys that might get sent eventually. It's really boring, just to warn you. What kind of things would you want to hear on it?

I've been trying to play the piano more by using the one at the church. I like it. We also joined the branch choir, and are the only guys in it right now. Don't laugh.

I think that's it. Next Monday!

-Elder Ryan Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment