We had a pretty good week I guess. We are still super busy which means very little time to find new people, and we need to find new people. I've tried learning a few things in Spanish to help out our little Spanish friend here but I'm far from helping out in lessons. I can say a closing prayer in a lesson that I memorized but that's about it. Not the best way to learn Spanish but for the purpose of helping out right now it'll have to do. And I did learn another phrase that's pretty useful sometimes: No entiendo nada de Espanol. It's not entirely true cause I'm picking out certain words which clue me into what they're talking about, but most of the time it is. I'm learning greetings and salutations right now and next time I'm gonna learn a simple testimony. I'll need that. But it's been fun doing something that not many English missionaries get to do.
As for the rest of work we've been fine. Not a lot of investigators right now after they all got dropped. We're trying to work with members more cause that's the ideal thing but it's been kinda difficult getting into their houses, legally. We also got a lot more insight into the "new deal" we've heard so much about at Zone Meeting. It's really just a series of 8 lessons that we take that'll tell us what exactly out of Preach My Gospel we need to focus on, narrowing the scope of missionary work a little more (in a good way). It's exciting.
We've also been getting some instructions on the new mormon.org that they want us to utilize more. We've been given permission to go on there in the presence of our ward mission leader and look at a bunch of the stuff. We'll probably start asking members to send e-mails of videos to their friends. Should be good.
Can't think of anything exciting to say. Trios are still fun. We can take turns backing out, we can split our groceries 3 ways, we can go into any house, and we can ignore either companion without much consequence. Elder Campbell will probably get a new companion next transfer and we'll go back to 2 and 2 so that's sad but we'll probably live in the same apartment which will be crowded but fun. Elder Campbell has to do a ton by himself so it'll be good for him. He teaches in Spanish by himself, he translates sacrament meeting by himself, he's expected to teach Gospel Principles by himself but he's trying to get someone else to help out. Poor guy.
I feel like this is a boring e-mail. Not much I can do though. It's still hot. Weather update.
-Elder Ryan Michael Parker
Pictures:
1. I don't have any new cool pictures this week so here's an old one of a car we saw in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Jalopy?

No comments:
Post a Comment