I didn't bring my planner from last transfer with me so I don't remember everything we did, but I'll try.
Friday night we had a bit of a car emergency. We went to the border between us and Staunton (pronounced like Stanton, by the way) to get some of the potentials that they had in our area book, and right when we were about to start up and drive home the battery died. We tried asking people at the 7-11 if they had jumper cables but they either didn't have any or didn't want to help. So we called up a member and he atttempted to start it up but it still wasn't working. We decided that we should just have Goldwrench (a local company owned by a member) tow it in the morning while the member drove us home. In the morning we got picked up by the towing truck and taken to the car, but because Brother Gold had to help out with the primary activity he wouldn't be able to look at the car. So we compromised and had us help in his place while he fixed the car. The activity was helping the kids clean the church building so once that was over we got the car back and all was well again. Turns out the battery terminal was really dirty so they cleaned that up and charged it. Yeah. That was probably a boring story but whatever.
I know I'm forgetting stuff but nothing's coming to mind. Our maggots are slowly disappearing but they still show up. Uhhh, yeah. Not much has changed in terms of investigators either, but that could change with all the other changes. We also got a new bishopric, and the new mission president will be coming to each of our apartments to do interviews around the beginning of July. So all sorts of new stuff happening.
Well, this Sunday is my 5 month mark, odd as that sounds. Still haven't really been out that long but I feel like I've changed a lot. Virginia is a pretty nice place that is indeed green and beautiful but I don't know if I'd want to live here after the mission or anything. Not to say I don't like it but I do prefer the more populated spots and the like. The roads are really stupid though. Some of the intersections and street signs and stuff just baffle me. Baffle me.
I think that's it though. I feel like I'm forgetting stuff to say but that's all I've got. I liked the Casen pictures from Andrea but I do wish I could keep them away from the computer too. Maybe I'll just take a picture of the computer screen or something.
-Elder Ryan Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment