21 November 2011

yankee clipper!

Good week good week. We had some good stuff happen.

First we had an un-busy day turn very busy Wednesday as we helped someone in the branch do meals on wheels. It was like tracting but with food so of course it was way better. Then we tried figuring out what to do with this skunk that's living under our house, or at least lived there at one point. Elder Jones found it crawling under there trying to get a SoBe bottle in from our trash but of course he nailed it with a rock. He then battled it (waiting for it to come back out) before putting dirt in front of our hole. Long story short we don't know where he is now. Oh well. We don't think he's dead under there cause it hasn't started smelling. Yet. Then we were the judges for the youth's talent show. We had to come up with awards for each person that were hopefully creative enough to get some laughs. I guess they were. It was pretty cool.

Thursday then was a very busy day turned not so busy. We had institute again but only one person came so we decided to hold onto the lesson until next time (it was the lone attendee's idea). Then we had a lesson before having the next 3 lessons drop out. It was dumb. But we ended up going down to Gloucester again for more district meeting/spending the night-ing. Friday morning we did service for this baptist church helping them build an extra room. It was very very cold. But the pastor was cool so it was pretty fun. The lone contractor guy was funny and very patient with us 5 dumb missionaries and 3 sorta-dumb adults. Still though, very cold. Then we did district meeting in the afternoon. I tried getting creative with it by doing a thanksgiving theme. We did it at a table with a tablecloth, plates, cups, and everything (including turkey napkins) just to go along with it. Then someone trained on scripture study, Elder Jones on football (related to planning), and me on thankfulness. It was definitely memorable and hopefully worthwhile. Right afterwards I had to do a baptismal interview for this girl Gloucester's baptizing. She's 11 so she was very very shy but I tried real hard to make her comfortable. She passed pretty easily.

Saturday we helped clear out this area of our neighbor's yard that's covered in weeds and stuff so they could actually use it. Elder Jones and a couple other people that helped got poison ivy from getting the weeds but I didn't cause I was on push-mower duty (yay). But now it looks real good and open. After that we went and had dinner at the restaurant, but this time it was closed so it was just us and the family. It was pretty cool. Then yesterday we had some people at church which was a sigh of relief. Elder Jones had to give an impromptu talk but he did good so it worked out. Then we ate with an investigator (the family we've been teaching) before calling it a night. Then then then.

But yeah it was a good week. Felt good about it. Yep. Lots of craziness at times but those are more memorable than the non-crazy ones.

I think that's all I've got for you. I think I'm getting close to receiving my itinerary (with more instructions) which will freak me out pretty bad I think. We'll see though. Can't worry about it too much!

Talk to you next week!

-Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment