14 November 2011

sled surfing

I am at a serious loss at how to start this e-mail. Okay that should be good.

We taught more than we did last week. That's good, right? Yes it is. That one investigator who's living with her mom for just a little bit is doing well and we saw her again. She was looking through the qualifications for baptism on her own but got stuck on some of the commandments but she may want us to help her with that (she hasn't specifically asked us yet). So that's a development. The couple that isn't married is doing good too. We watched the church video "What is Real" with them. As cheesy as it is (and it is) it has a good message about families that we wanted to stress. He fell asleep during it and she was distracted by their baby but she still got a lot out of it. They keep talking about marriage but nothing has been decided yet. Sigh. And they keep getting sick too which may be because of some mold in their house so they keep missing church. It's not good. They're still good though. Just not their health.

I also had yet another trip to the doctor's, this one not nearly as interesting as previous ones. I've had this pain in my tailbone for 3 months now where it hurts whenever I sit down for a long time (which is a lot of the time as a missionary, in the car and in lessons) so I eventually got sick of it. It doesn't hurt to touch though and I wasn't injured or anything, but it did start after my abdominal pain episode. So I saw a doctor about it and felt dumb cause they didn't see anything in the x rays and just said I needed better posture. It's true that I need better posture but I was hoping for something less...normal, just to justify the trip and the cost and everything. Oh well. I keep forgetting to sit on my thighs instead of my tailbone like they asked but I think it's helping.

But yeah another doctor thing. So dumb. Aside from that we had another zone meeting. Me and Elder Jones and Elder Duke (from the MTC days) are the oldest in the zone now in missionary years so we're like the Waldorf and Statdler plus one of the zone. We're not too mean though. Just observant. We also taught institute again. We were hoping for some non-members there but it didn't happen so we'll just shoot for some next week. Not literally though.

Man we had a lot of missed appointments. I'm looking through my planner just thinking "geez, look at all these no-shows". But once again, as I've said many times before, that's just missionary life. Are you guys getting sick of my e-mails yet?

Today we worked on our ping pong man cave some more making it even more cave-y than before. Then we surfed on these snow sleds that they tied to the back of the golf cart. That was cool. Until they made a u-turn.

That's about it though. Things are really winding down. I printed out the housing forms so I'll do that soon.

But yeah, talk to you next week!

-Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment