So the week after the hurricane wasn't as exciting. I don't know what the deal is but it seemed like no one wanted to be taught this week. I don't know if it was all the rain (lame) or them still recovering from the windy girl or just plain being busy but it seemed like they all read the 2011 Book of Excuses. So in the end it was a bit doldrum-y but of course we have fun anyway. We had zone meeting on Friday and learned all about keeping our clothes mended and our headquarter referrals updated. It rained a ton which was cool. Seems like the weather's getting cooler (less hot) which means the return of my big winter coat in the not too distant future. Hooray?
Man look at me, talking about my coats. Okay so we also had stake conference so that meant we went to the adult session Saturday and drove to Gloucester Sunday. It was pretty good. We did exchanges with Gloucester on Friday which meant...I dunno what it meant. Change of scenery? Change of companion? It was really short cause we had to switch back that night and we had lunch together and met a less active that they didn't know existed. But yeah short exchange but necessary.
We also did some more service, mowing lawns and fixing pool pumps. And we did teach a few of our investigators with more middling results. It seems like we're just on the verge of 4 or 5 baptisms but none of them want to just hop in. I'm not sure what more we can do to help them either. "Just keep teaching me" they say, but when will it ever stop? Only when they say it will. One day. We should be having a baptism this Sunday though. Just gotta finish teaching her and we'll be good to go. She's very excited.
This is like the weirdest e-mail I've written. Almost 21 months, can you believe it? This Sunday is transfer calls and who knows what'll happen. A very important bug in my ear said we'll probably all stay together but this bug has been wrong before. But it's also been very right so I don't know. Reliable bug but doesn't always end up doing what he says he thinks he'll do. Not his fault though. I'd be just fine if he was right.
Fresh out of ideas. Don't worry things are good. The subject line has to do with Elder Jones and his crazy sleep-talking habits, and the weird whimpering we heard one night that was definitely not legitimate sadness (he laughs in his sleep too so it evened out) so don't think I'm depressed or something like that. But today...I'm just brain farting.
Talk to you next week!
-Elder Ryan Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment