04 July 2011

soy sauce!

Changes in Kilmarnock! Well, not like major changes. Just missionary changes. Elder Jones came up Thursday with me after I spent the week in New Kent and we were just still in shock and awe over the whole thing. It's been kinda weird getting used to a new companion even though we get along. He's still learning the area and meeting new people which is something I haven't really had to help a companion do since Elder Holbrook. He loves it though and is really catching on which isn't too hard for someone who's been out as long as him.

The week's been interesting though. Monday night we witnessed Elder Gaunt burn one of his suits in our little fire pit cause that's what he likes to do. He got all packed up and everything and then Tuesday morning we were off. I got dropped off in New Kent and he kept going with our branch president to the mission home. New Kent's a pretty cool area. They live in a barn on someone's property so there was like roosters and horses and stuff. They have a lot of work going on there which is surprising cause it's pretty country. It was fun though. I kinda miss being in a trio sometimes. But yeah I ate a lot of food as usual and taught some cool people. I was with Elder Pope and Elder Watkins who I knew from back in Wakefield. They're cool.

Thursday though is when we got back to Kilmarnock. We didn't really have any appointments scheduled cause I was out of the area so I was scrambling to make phone calls and get us some lessons scheduled. Got a few which was good so now we're up and running again. Our recent convert from last week came to church and is doing pretty well. His wife got up and bore her testimony yesterday which was really cool. We had another good turnout at church and we're really seeing a lot of good stuff happening. I think I've said that a lot lately. But it's true. It's gonna be a really good 6 weeks.

Saturday I got asked to play the piano at the funeral of one of our members. It was at a Baptist church though which was kinda interesting. They had me play prelude and all I had was the LDS hymnbook so I was trying to figure out which songs I could play that people wouldn't be too controversial. I did okay though. It was fun. I think someone sent a picture of it to mom. Hope you got it.

I don't know what else to say. Things are great here. Talk to you next week!

-Elder Ryan Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment