07 September 2010

goodbye

So I didn't e-mail yesterday cause it was Labor Day and all the libraries were closed. They told us to do e-mails on Tuesday instead which made p-day yesterday a strictly packing experience. Transfer calls were Sunday and we found out that all 3 of us are getting moved out, and in our place they'll put in 2 Sister missionaries. I know, right? It's nuts. The Spanish work here will be absorbed by the Charlottesville Spanish missionaries which is hard cause they're like 45 minutes away. But I'm getting transferred all the way out to Wakefield, VA on Thursday. So, new address:

PO Box 964
Wakefield, VA 23888

We had a double, fully-arched rainbow the other day.
This was the best picture I got of it.
Double rainbow. All the way.
I don't know much about the area except that it's a lot of country and that it's being shotgunned, so me and my companion will both be getting transferred in at the same time. It'll make for an interesting experience cause we don't know anything about the area but I think learning it together will be kinda fun/interesting at the same time. My companion is Elder Christensen and I'm guessing he's from Utah. We'll see. I've heard good things about him. He's been out for just over a year and will be the District Leader there. Apparently we live like an hour and a half away from Richmond and an hour away from the closest city in our district (Petersburg) so we're downright stranded out there. I will be in the Chesterfield zone again so I'll get to hear about what's going on in Chesterfield 1st ward at zone meetings, which I'm happy about. And I'm pretty sure it's strictly a car area. Which I'm also happy about. 

Me standing awkwardly in someone's really nice garden
Yes, I know it's blurry.
All in all I'm just anxious about all the changes and learning I'll have to do but it'll be nice to get a new area to sink my teeth into. I'll miss Waynesboro in some ways and we're planning on taking a ton of pictures with the cool people so that'll be good. I didn't have time to do that in Chesterfield. But yeah. Elder Holbrook's going to Burksville with my trainer Elder Petersen. I hope they get along. And Elder Campbell's going to Eastern Shore, which is the little peninsula just below Maryland. He's excited to get out of the valley. I'm gonna miss the trio for sure but a fresh start sounds great right now. Plus I think the Sisters can help out with our female investigators, of which we have quite a few. 

Anyways, that's the big news. Other than that we've been doing alright. We've been getting more people to teach lately which has been great. We hit 31 lessons this last week, and we could've easily beaten that if not for some random cancellations on Sunday. Again it's not to toot our collective horns but it's a good barometer of the fruits of our labors. That was an odd sentence.

I think that's about it. Sorry for the short one.

-Elder Ryan Parker 

No comments:

Post a Comment