19 July 2010

this library smells like kitty litter.

Not a bad week. I went on exchanges with our District Leader Elder Valgardson (it's Icelandic) on Wednesday and that was nice. We found 3 new people in the span of like an hour and a half which is practically a miracle out here. Two of them didn't keep their return appointment though sad face. He's a pretty cool guy from Provo who likes baseball, which is rare out here. Thursday we had a District Meeting which is becoming so commonplace now I don't know why I keep mentioning them. Saturday we did service for this really old lady who has a huge garden. It's been featured in local gardening publications and truly is huge. We trimmed some hedges, ripped out some trees, and got bug bites all over. Well, on my legs at least. But yeah that was fun. It rained pretty hard which cooled us off from the sun.

Oh, we did set someone else for baptism. It's the one who's mom is an active member. She said she's been taught by many missionaries and asked about baptism but she thinks now is the time she'll actually do it. September 4th is the date. It's far back enough so she can quit smoking, no small feat. We tried setting another person for baptism but she said she can't commit until she marries her boyfriend or kicks him out. She doesn't want to marry him and the last time she kicked him out he broke in through her bedroom window. Yeah.

I'm finding less to say about each week. Transfers are coming up and I don't know what will happen. Gosh I'm talkative.

Most Virginians are into Nascar and college football (Virginia Tech and UVA). If they like baseball it's Yankees or Red Sox or Braves (rare to find Nationals or Orioles hats). If they like football it's Steelers or Redskins or Cowboys. Don't know why I mentioned that.

Oh man, I think I'm going to be ejected from the computer before my hour is up. Maybe I'll get back on and finish? Probably not.

I'm doing fine. My shoes are always brown and ugly. My shirts are great. My pants are well-used.

Pictures:
- My companion trimming.
- - This house in the middle of nowhere was once home to a less active. Waste of a trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment