12 July 2010

for your browsing convenience

Oh man, short week. I feel like I don't deserve this P-day. It's weird. Plus it's kinda late in the day but I'll explain that in a bit.

We had a much better week this week than I've ever had in Waynesboro. We had 20 lessons which is like the ideal number of lessons for a week. I had done it once in Chesterfield but that's it. It felt good to know it's possible to do here in Wayneboro. Most of the time we schedule lessons they just fall through but that's a problem in any place you serve. Either way it was exciting. One of our investigators that always skips our lessons and avoids going to church finally decided to keep an appointment and go to church so now we're excited about that. Her mom is a member but she never got baptized (she's 26) and now she lives with her mom. Also, one of our recent convert's husband asked us for our number so he could call us about getting the lessons (he's not a member). He never seemed to want the lessons but he asked us about it yesterday so we'll probably end up calling him. So yeah, things are happening.

We had Zone Meeting last Friday, and I was convinced they were going to whip out all the new rules and stuff for us right there but they didn't do any of that. Instead we spent the whole time having each area get up and explain what their area struggled with and stuff so we could give advice. It was pretty helpful but it took up the whole time when it wasn't supposed to. But then the next day we had interviews with President Perry and I got to ask some questions. I got vague answers, but apparently the 3-day conference he mentioned was just for the district leaders and zone leaders and stuff, so the rest of us will just sit around in the dark. President Perry is a pretty cool guy though. He has a different approach from President Millburn. He's more of a "hugger", so take that however you want.

This morning we went to Staunton and did service for some Spanish people. We helped them move a bunch of crap out of a shed and into an Italian restaurant they were starting, and afterwards the guy let us eat free at his other Italian restaurant. It was cool cause it us and the Staunton Elders and the Spanish Elders so it was like a party or something. Or at least as much of a party as you can have as missionaries. Which isn't much. Pretty much just talking to each other.

I think that's about all I've got. I do know the girl mom mentioned in her e-mail. Her family feeds us every other week and she's going up to UVU this week. I knew girls from the Waynesboro stake were going to be in the New Era but I didn't know she was quoted. They never mentioned it to us.

It was a little cooler this weekend but not by much. The rain today was much appreciated. July and August are supposed to be the really hot months so I guess we'll be in this for a while.

I'm happy about the Padres still. I had a feeling Aaron Cunningham would be good.

Next Tuesday will be 6 months for me. A nice milestone but kinda weird that I'm becoming less and less "new". I think I've said that before.

Casen.

-Elder Ryan Parker

Pictures from a while ago since I didn't take any this week:
1. Elder Bronson running into the forest. I thought it was cool looking. No rules were broken.


2. Me standing awkwardly at that sign. I thought my companion was gonna frame it better but he didn't.
3. I never sent this picture cause I thought I looked too serious and "into it" but whatever, I'm wearing authentic Civil War gear. One of the members here is a Civil War reenact-er and he was an extra in Gods and Generals. Which reminds me, apparently parts of Evan Almighty were filmed in downtown Waynesboro. So, you know, you can watch that for a taste of the 'Boro. Or not. I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment