17 March 2010

my goodness, my guinness!

This last week was good. This Saturday will be my 2 month mark, and today was my 8 week mark. I've now been here longer than I was in the MTC which is weird. The weather has been all over the place from rain one day to sun the next. We've had a lot of cancellations and stuff as usual which has made us fill our time doing other stuff that's not nearly as fun or effective.

We did set my first person for baptism last Thursday, which was cool. It's not until May 8th, which means I'll probably be gone by then, but whatever. He has a lot of work to do to be worthy of baptism but he wants to do it. Other than that though I don't know what else to say.

Wait wait wait, there is one thing. We met a crazy person. A real, honest to goodness, crazy person. I debated telling you about her but I couldn't resist. She says she is the 4th member of the Godhead and that she's going to be at the pearly gates deciding who gets in and who doesn't. There's a whole lot more weird to be said (she talked to us for 30 minutes straight; I said 2 words total) but suffice it to say it was wacky. In addition to that though, she told me that I was the last hope for the Mormon people, and that I was the "chosen one" to free them from their chains. You see, we Mormons are so restricted in our suits and ties and we can't show our love for people unless we "hug and kiss them". But I'm the one that's going to change that by telling them her teachings. She wasn't like a crazy old lady or anything either. She talks and looks like any normal person. But she's got crazy in her.

Hm, yeah, I don't have too many great stories to tell, so it was exciting to at least have that one. Otherwise this week just...happened. I can see now how missionaries can say that things start to go faster and faster. This next week is transfers so I may or may not be staying here. Elder Petersen probably won't be going anywhere since they wouldn't leave me here with someone else new to the area, and they won't get rid of both of us at the same time. So it's me leaving or no one leaving. I have a feeling I'm leaving. But we'll see. I'll know by next Wednesday.

Unfortunately, because of the increasing speed at which I'm flying, I have less to say about what I'm doing. So this will have to do for this week's e-mail.

Pictures:

1. Me and Elder Petersen in the car again. He's on the phone with the Zone Leaders (we were parked, don't worry).

2. Our district (so wacky, right?)

-Elder Ryan Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment