31 March 2010

a blessing for the czar?

Another week. Time is really starting to heat up. I cut my nails not too long ago and I feel like their growth is on fast forward. Gotta cut them again soon. I'm getting some of that MTC fever where I get in bed and think "I was just here like an hour ago". Nuts.

This week was fine, I guess. I don't have tons to say about it. Nothing extraordinary or fun to talk about. The phone call on Wednesday was kind of unexpected. I had intended to ask about the Census but I forgot and I needed to know about it soon. Now I guess they want us to fill it out on the first of April and put our names on it. Elder Petersen got his parents to do it (hrmph) so now the government will think I live here by myself. Fun!

I taught my first lesson at a restaurant this last week. It was an Italian restaurant that was just okay. Tried calamari for the first time (meh). But the lesson was good. It's good that it wasn't too busy in the restaurant or they would've kicked us out maybe. And then I taught my first lesson at a library yesterday. It was a big library that wasn't busy but it was odd nonetheless.

I also taught someone in one of those rich houses that I mentioned a while ago that are worth millions of dollars. I was super intimidated by it, which was weird cause I'm usually not. It was lakefront property so he had a dock in his backyard. He's really nice and offered to have missionaries over for burgers or something. Don't think we won't do it.

Oh, and we did do something that we're pretty sure no other missionary has ever done, or ever should do. We unknowingly tracted into an investigator of ours that is set for baptism. She's always met us at a member's house and won't give us her address for some reason. So we went and knocked on a door and out came our golden investigator. We laughed.

I feel like this is a lame update but I get the feeling that the further I go in this mission the less I'll have to say. Things won't be new and exciting anymore. It'll just be "yeah, I'm here".

I'm wearing my short sleeve shirt right now. I haven't had to wear it without a coat yet, but this weekend is supposed to get real hot so I definitely will. Don't feel rushed to get more out here. Two should be okay for a little bit. It's only gotten real warm a couple of times. I am looking forward to getting a tan though. I was pale as paper in the MTC and the first few weeks here, but I think I've gotten a little more sun and am now approaching "normal". It rained pretty hard the last few days which was awesome. Most of the thunder and lightning was at night though, and I slept right through it. Apparently it was pretty loud. I like crazy weather.

One of these days I'm gonna come up with a list of weird things about Virginia to send to you guys. It'll be fun. First thing to go on it: Grown men in overalls. At the library.

Oh, and tell Casen to stop growing up. Kid's gotta slow it down.

-Elder Parker

Pictures:

1. A giant boat next to some guys' house in Colonial Heights where I've been on exchanges like 5 times. There are varying stories on what it is and where it came from but my favorite is that it's a secret government project to "build a better boat" that was scrapped, and this guy took it and built it from leftover metal. And he's preparing for the next great flood. Wacky, right?


2. Noble picture of me in the car. Wacky framing, right?


3. True story.


4. He likes dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment