So I'm at the restaurant owned by a member and I'm using his computer. This keyboard is really weird and it kinda makes it hard to type. I'll do my best.
The week was good, if not all over the place. We did a lot of service. After our "we want to serve you" talks in sacrament meeting we got a lot of stuff set up. We painted a garage, raked some leaves, helped file a massive stack of papers, went through some books at the library, helped with a garden, and just today peeled some potatoes for some potato salad at the restaurant. And we threw out a giant freezer in the back that died and had to squeeze it through the back door. Not easy. It was all fun though and really showed that we meant what we said. We've been eased in here pretty well with the branch and everything. We got invited into Relief Society to talk about service a little bit which was cool. There was like 4 sisters in there which was weird.
We did go on exchanges with our zone leaders on Saturday. It was a bit of a problem trying to meet them up here and everything but it worked out. Elder Price was here with me. We had a lot to talk about because he replaced me in Chesterfield so I asked about all the people they saw right after I left. He's pretty cool though. He has one of the thickest Utah accent I have ever heard. Lots of i's being replaced by u's. It was a good day though. He served in Tappahannock which is just west of here so he had heard of that same food challenge that Elder Gaunt did, and he wanted to do it too. He ate more food than Elder Gaunt did but he threw up in the bathroom afterwards just to get more comfortable. I hope he's the last person I have to watch eat that thing. Although it is a pretty good burger.
We taught that couple again I've said so much about. They couldn't make it to church cause her mom went into the ER but it was a good lesson. They had two of their friends sit in on the lesson. It was hard staying on topic (actually it was really really hard) but we needed to teach them once before we left the area for the next week. Other than them we're working with some other people that I think I've talked about before. We finally contacted one of the investigators we came in with who's like a recording artist or something. He sounded interested in the church cause he really doesn't like his current church. They keep waffling on what kind of stuff they want to do and believe in, so I'm sure he'll find comfort in the church's stability. We hope it goes well with him.
I am really low on things to talk say. And I know I say that every week. It just seems like when I first started out that I was always thinking of things to put in my e-mail throughout the week so when I got to the computer I would just throw it all down. Now it's like "oh crap now I have to tell them stuff" and I just blank out. That's why I'm liking the tape stuff cause I can just say whatever during the week without having to worry about how much time I have left. If you want you guys can ask more questions about the area and stuff to help me know what to say. That should help.
Well I hope things go well for everyone. I'm doing fine. Talk to you next week!
-Elder Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment