PO Box 545
Burgess, VA 22432
Another PO Box, which is nice and easy. But I guess we also have senior missionaries in the area, who's names I don't recall. And we may or may not be living in a member's house, which I'm honestly hoping isn't the case. We do have a Walmart though, which means plenty of bargain food shopping. So long Great Valu! Never liked ya. What else. I guess the priesthood in the branch "needs a lot of help" which either means there aren't enough of them or they're not doing a good job. Either way it'll all be a new experience with new trials and problems and everything in between. I've always wanted to be in a beach area and this one borders both the Tappahannock River and the Chesapeake Bay. It's basically a peninsula. Oh, and Elder Gaunt was in the same MTC district as my trainer Elder Petersen (who's home right now from knee surgery, I don't know if I told you that) so I had already heard some things about him a little bit. Hopefully we get along.
![]() |
| A typical night-time drive through our area. Minus the blurry. |
Let's see, what'd we do this week. Friday was an exchange so I was in Petersburg with Elder White. One of their members decided to change his infected leg bandage while we were there, so we could assist him. It was really gross. Petersburg is a crazy place. The rest of the week involved Zone Conference on Tuesday, which had some really good training from our noble mission president. He's kind of a unintentionally goofy guy which makes me like him a lot. But he's also a great teacher. I know every missionary says they're mission president is the best so I won't say that, but I will say he was definitely meant to be in Virginia at this time. Also this week we taught a new investigator at our branch president's house, which went very well. He has a lot of interest in "trying to do what's right" and getting away from what he's done in the past so that's where we come in. Hopefully it all works out, but technically he's not in our area so they'll have to trade him off sometime soon.
I can't think of anything else to say right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment