100 Guilford Ln Apt 20-4
Waynesboro, VA 22980
This also means I have no idea when I'm gonna call you guys. I think what might happen is I'll have a member call you guys and tell you when that'll be since I have no other way of letting you know except through the mail which probably won't be worth it. Church is at 9:00, right? So anytime after 3 or 4 here? Or later depending on Cavan and Andrea? Yeah? Maybe? Sorry I'm not more helpful. I have no idea what's gonna happen in the next few days.
Alright so since last Wednesday we did a couple things. On Friday I was left in the area again with one of the Zone Leaders which was a little nerve-wracking. I did fine though, I guess. I still don't know the area too well. I know where people are relative to our apartment but I don't know how to get there or what's the best way. I definitely know it better now, but of course that information doesn't mean much at this point. I'll just have to apply it to Waynesboro...somehow.
I dunno, not much else happened after that. We had exchanges with Colonial Heights again yesterday so I spent my last day there too. I've probably had about 6 days there which is unusual cause, you know, it's not my area. It's an unusual place too. Apparently it's the birthplace of the *ahem* KKK. But really I'll probably miss it too. It just has a certain wacky charm to it.
Ugh, I feel like these e-mails are getting more and more like the "I'm still here" e-mails older missionaries are sending out. Must. Avoid.
We got a picture of our new mission president yesterday. He'll be here on the 29th of June. I would've taken a picture of it and sent it but I forgot to. He has 7 kids, 2 of which are coming with them, and 2.5 grandchildren (I'm guessing one of them is either unborn or unlucky). He's a first generation convert so he'll probably have a fire for missionary work. He's also balding.
Oh, and I got my teeth cleaned yesterday too. There's a dentist in our ward that does dental work for the missionaries for free. He also looked at my wisdom teeth and said that I do have a new one growing on the top right but that I should have room for it. Crisis averted.
I can't believe you didn't say anything about having the Gladys Knight fireside! I was hoping San Diego would soon! It was definitely a different church experience but I guess it's doing wonders around here. Not in Chesterfield though. Not sure why.
It did hit 85-90 this last weekend with some serious humidity. Not too awful (I've always liked warmer weather; partially because of my fat-less frame) but not too great either. Made me grateful I'm not on a bike.
Yeah, I guess I'll be talking on Sunday. Don't need to say much more. Hope you guys will be there when I call. Can't tell you when that'll be.
-Elder Ryan Michael Parker
Pictures:
1. This is a brochure Colonial Heights got in the mail. It's funny because 3 of the people in the crowd are very obviously photoshopped in. It's also funny because it says that Terry Bradshaw is the "Greatest Quarterback in NFL History" but of course you have to be in a certain kind of mood to find that hilarious.
2. Another district picture. This one actually has all the people in the district, instead of the impostors that were in the last ones. I'm in the front cause I was the last one to hit the self-timer button.
3. Oh, kids.



No comments:
Post a Comment