19 May 2010

i did! i did save!

Oh Waynesboro. Don't change.

The last week was mostly uneventful. We've been kinda all over the place trying to actually teach people and stuff. A lot of our investigators just don't schedule solid, set in stone lessons. It's more like "yeah, just call us on Monday and we'll see". So we've been struggling there. Otherwise we've been doing alright. One of our investigators just won't quit drinking tea even though she wants to be a member. Another is just on the verge of jumping right in. So we have some good potentials but the teaching pool isn't as expansive as Chesterfield was.

We had Zone Meeting on Friday. Apparently there's gonna be a lot of change in the next few weeks around the mission as we move on to the "higher law" as they call it. Really I just think it's a way of simplifying the mission before the new mission president shows up. For instance instead of doing "Call-In Summary Reports" every week where we submit our numbers, we've been doing what they call the VRM Weekly Footprint, where we write down all the names of the people we taught and stuff. It was basically a more in-depth numbers report. But now they've done away with it in favor of the traditional summary report. It's not a huge deal I guess but it's odd to think about all the other changes the new guy will put in. I don't they'll all happen right away but there will be some moving and shaking.

After Zone Meeting we went on exchanges with the district leader in Harrisonburg so I went over there. It's an interesting place and I guess it's a pretty big area with a lot of members, since it has 2 wards. So it was fun I guess. We taught a Baptist preacher in a Baptist church which was a new thing for me.

I feel like this e-mail is really boring.

I have been driving a lot which has been fun I guess. I'm getting to know the area a lot better than I was in Chesterfield. Elder Bronson is a pretty good companion. We get along very well and don't really have problems or anything. I just wanna keep him around as long as possible though, cause as long as he's here I'm not on a bike. So we'll see.

The library is going to cut me off at 45 minutes. Buttheads.

It did rain a bit this weekend, including a cool thunderstorm on Friday. I do enjoy the rain still, even when I'm driving, so that's been good. Keeps it interesting. I guess it'll be middling-ly warm the rest of the week. Boring.

I'm sad I'm missing the Padres' kick-buttage. It may not last but it's still exciting. Their hitting stats still look like crap but if the pitching can hold steady we could be good for a while.

I think that's about it though. I may end up writing something but I doubt it. I'm falling into the "I'm still here" hole that missionaries often fall into, and I don't know how to avoid it. Maybe doing tapes will help? I dunno.

Til next week.

-Elder Barker

Pictures:
1. Waynesboro's outskirts.














2. We walked through this trail once.  

No comments:

Post a Comment