21 April 2010

mobiles de calder

Hm. I'm not sure what to say anymore. We went bowling last week. I did a lot better than I thought I would, with an 86 the second game. Don't laugh.

The last week has been fine, I guess. We had interviews with the Mission President again. I forgot to tell you guys, but I told him a long time ago about John. He said he definitely knew him and Kathy and knew that Grandma and Grandpa live in the house behind them. Other than that though the interview was good. He said that the new mission president will have 2 hours with him to talk, and that they've already talked on the phone a little. I guess that's exciting?

The weather's gotten pretty mild, hanging around 65-75. The pollen is still here and I'm feeling the effects of that still, but it's nothing big. Mostly just a sore-ish throat. We're supposed to have a crazy wacky summer here, in terms of heat and thunderstorms. I'm excited about the thunderstorms, but not the heat. Either way it'll be nuts.

We're in a different library today with computers that don't seem to recognize my camera, so no pictures. I didn't have anything good anyway.

Snowflake comes from some kids in the ward that call me that cause of my white/gray hair. It's okay, it's not in poor taste.

I don't want to print out the thing dad sent. I wanted the actual .doc of it so I could make the text smaller and print out fewer pages, but because he sent a PDF I can't do that. It's okay I can wait for the letter, and it's only supposed to be a few minutes anyway. But I'm still giving another talk on Sunday in Sacrament about missionary work which is a little more nerve-wracking now. I think I have some stuff to say, but we had a return missionary from Brazil this last Sunday give a talk on missionary work that was very direct and "fire-spitting", so I'm not sure how I'm going to top/douse that. And I'll have to change my usual humor anyway cause...yeah. We'll see how it goes. This ward only has 3 speakers a meeting and they're all adult, so it'll be a little longer maybe. We shall see.

We still have our baptism coming up too. It's basically all planned out and ready to go. But we're now starting to compare Chesterfield to a zit. It looks ugly (our numbers are lacking) but it's starting to build up more and more. We have at least 10 potential baptisms coming in the next month or so with very solid investigators. They've all just kind of popped up in the last week. So we're excited for that. Although with transfers coming up it could make things complicated. My prediction is that I'll stay here and get a new companion who will become senior companion. Elder Petersen has been here 6 and a half months now almost which I guess is slightly abnormal. But of course anything could happen this transfer so we'll have to buckle our seat-belts.

Yes, I've been writing in my journal everyday, and I'm numbering the days I've been out now. Today is Day 91. Don't think it's cause I'm counting down or anything. Just monitoring progress. Yesterday was my 3 month mark, which sort of came fast and sort of didn't. The first 2 weeks or so of the MTC and the field were quite slow but now it's going by a lot faster. I've heard a mission be compared to a house. The first 6 months are straight up, then the next 6 months are slightly sloped up, then you hit the year mark and the next 6 months slope down a little, and then the last 6 are just straight down. And that's supposed to make a house if I could draw that out for you. So I'm half-way through the first 6. Weird, but not really. Being transferred for the first time or getting a new companion is a little worry-some, but I guess that's just normal missionary worries. So whatever.

I've started a dream journal too. I know it sounds weird, but I'm having very vivid, odd dreams every single night now. It's like watching a movie while sleeping. It's very cool.

Don't stop with the pictures of baby, by the way. I know Jacob sent some last week but they were very dark and hard to see. And more is always welcomed. He looks very...long now. It's weird.

I think that's it though. I hope to have more to say next time. I feel like I'm leaving a lot of your questions unanswered and it hurts me.

-Elder Ryan Michael Parker

Oh, and the title is from a painting in the library that's on the wall here. So don't look into it or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment