19 December 2011

this will be the last time, this will be the last time, maybe the last time i don't know

Weird, right? Last time I'll ever have to write an e-mail and rack my brain for things to say. Last time you'll have to write an e-mail and rack your brains for things to say. Pretty soon we'll just be talking face to face and racking our brains for things to say. And then talking on the phone.

More of a busy week this week. Had some good visits with people and some success. Did some service raking leaves onto a giant tarp and dragging them down a hill like a dead bear. We also helped hand out toys for a local organization to people. It was stationed in a Masonic lodge so we talked to some masons and they showed us their secret room that's not all that secret. Pretty cool stuff. I was also relieved of my leader responsibilities on Thursday. That was nice. I don't have to answer all the phone calls from the zone leaders and Gloucester! Hooray. It was very cold though this week. Well one day was warmish but man I'm freezing. It's probably not as cold as Provo though :(

This week is going to be nuts. We have lunch and dinner planned for everyday this week. Every. Single. Day. We are so packed we've had to turn other people down. I don't even know if I'll have time to pack and figure out what I need to send home. I think I'll be okay but who knows how much stuff I've accumulated. I just know I've struggled to get under 50 lbs in the past. But yeah busy busy busy. Thursday is mission conference where we'll get to give our departing testimonies in front of half the mission :( I've heard so many of those by now that I want to avoid all the cliches. But that leaves me with little else to say. I'll have to work it out...

And I'm pretty much out of stuff to say. To be honest I think it's cause we've got so much to do and e-mails almost feel like a burden cause I'll be able to share all these things vocally in a week anyway. We've got an appointment at 2 today (yeah, an appointment on p-day, aren't we super missionaries?) It's just funky being so close to home. I think I'm even in a little bit of denial and haven't really processed the process of going home enough in my head to really be able to worry about it. I've had countless dreams about it, some good some bad, but I don't think it'll be anything like those dreams (unsuprisingly). I'll miss everything, that much is certain. But it's just another step for me. Plus I'll still have contact through the internet, which is something that's a little harder in foreign missions and even missions from years ago. I've had occasional realizations where I'm sitting somewhere in a lesson wearing missionary clothes with my scriptures in my lap and I just realize "man in a week I won't be doing this at all. I'll just be... normal". Hard to swallow sometimes. But again, it's necessary. There's a reason it's only 2 years.

Talk to you next week!

-Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment