03 February 2010

still brown

This is my last e-mail from the MTC since I leave next week. I don't even know what to say this time.

I'm still here...? I dunno, the days have gotten a lot shorter since we got here. Every night I get into bed and think "I was just here like a little while ago." It's weird.

This doesn't mean we're not doing anything though. We've taught like 5 fake investigators with fake questions about their fake eternal salvation. Each one said "sure, we'll read your book" even if we completely bombed the lesson and had no substance to it. The volunteer investigators just have a hard time saying no. We have the first lesson down pretty good with the second barely coming along. I don't know how often we'll get to practice the third and fourth before we leave.

I did get to talk to real people at the referral center though. I was supposed to call people and confirm that they got their free book or DVD in the mail. Most of the time you get an answering machine but yesterday I got like 5 answers from people who were actually interested. I got them to accept the missionaries over and everything. It was cool, but terrifying.

Other than that though we're not really doing anything here. Same rooms, same food, same people, everyday. At gym time I play four square, mostly because my other options are basketball (ugh) and volleyball (which is always full). I spend most of that time waiting in line.

I haven't gained any weight if you were at all curious. There's a scale in the gym.

We've already gotten our travel stuff in the mail, like I told  Jacob. We leave at like 7 from salt lake but we have to be at the travel office at 4 in the morning. I'll be in Cincinnati at 1 or so Cincinnati time, so that might be when I call, I dunno. Just stay tuned. I might not even call at all if I don't feel like it. Whatever.

I have a haircut scheduled for Friday so I might end up with some ugly haircut or something. I've seen some bad haircuts here, but I can't tell if they came here with hair like that or not. Good luck...to me...?

Oh, and my DearElder letter count is up to 27 now. People think I'm real cool or something.

Also, if you want to send a quick e-mail like right after you get this then you can, cause I can check it again after if I still have time. 2 and a half minutes to be exact.

-Elder Ryan Michael Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment